Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Every Single Playstation 1 Game I've Ever Played!!!!

Never Underestimate The Power Of Playstation!!!

It is now time for The List of Playstation 1 Games That I've Played. This List will be the same as the previous ones in this series,except with Playstation Games. Also,since I've never played the PS1 on Emulation,that part of the list will be omitted.  

Ok. So let's do this.

The Sony Playstation - Got this on X-Mas of 1997. The Sony Playstation was Supposed to be a surprise gift,but my late Uncle Bob (god rest his soul) kinda spoiled it by getting me Final Fantasy VII on that X-Mas Eve. Other games I would get with my Playstation would be: A Sampler Disk,Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Sub Zero,WCW vs The World,and a game called The Perfect Weapon. Since that X-Mas,the Playstation became my Main Game System. Unfortunately,in the Fall of '07,my beloved Playstation broke. Thankfully,I could still play the Games and use the Memory Cards and Controllers on the PS2 (which I'll be talking about another day).  

Final Fantasy VII - As I stated before,this was a surprise gift for a system that I has no idea I was getting. Anyway,Final Fantasy VII was my entry into the franchise and it eventually became my all-time favorite PS1 game. 

PS1 Sampler Disk - Came with the Playstation as a pack-in title. I enjoyed all of the playable demos on this disk. The playable demos included on this disk were for Intelligent Qube,Parappa the Rapper,Porsche Challenge,Raystorm,and Armored Core.

WCW vs The World - I was a big WCW fan in 1997,so when I got this for X-Mas of that year,I couldn't wait to play it. This game was my first foray into 3D Wrestling and I had a lot of fun playing it. Sure the polygonal graphics haven't aged that well,but the game is still fun. Fun Fact - This game was originally a 1996 Japanese Wrestling title with WCW Wrestlers added to the American Version. 

Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero - Though I was a fan of the franchise,I never really heard of this game until I got it on X-Mas of '97. This game is Really Hard and the fact that you need a button to turn around was just dumb. I still enjoyed what little i could from this game,though. The Cut scenes were a bit cheezy,but pretty enjoyable. 

The Perfect Weapon - The final PS1 game I got on X-Mas of 1997. Had no idea what this game was,but was willing to give it a shot.  I haven't gotten far and I rarely play this game.

WCW Nitro - One of 2 PS1 games I'd receive for my B-Day in 1998. To be honest,I was not a fan of this game. The CPU was cheap,the action was slow,and the controls weren't that responsive. The only saving grace this game had were the weird and wacky hidden characters and arenas.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy - The 2nd game I got for my B-Day in '98. The greatest 2D Mortal Kombat title. What's cool about the game is that not only is it a combination of the first 4 games all done in the MK3 engine,but many old faves like Raiden,Baraka,and Johnny Cage return. And on top of that,you can Finally play as the Bosses. I'm proud to have this in my collection.

Marvel Super Heroes v. Street Fighter - In 1998,I took a few trips to Toys 'r' Us to get some more games for my budding PS1 collection. This was the first game I bought from the store and was also my first Crossover Fighting Game. MSH v SF was very fun and it introduced me to Dan and Sakura from Street Fighter Alpha 2,which were playable in this game.    

Street Fighter Collection - Bought this new at Gamestop in '98. Street Fighter Collection contains 3 games - Super street Fighter II,Super Street Fighter II Turbo,and Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold. This collection gave me my first taste of the Street Fighter Alpha series. It was also the first time I played Super Street Fighter II Turbo. While Street Fighter Alpha 2 was fun,Super Street Fighter II Turbo wasn't. The CPU in that game is Evil - even on the Easy difficulty setting.

Mega Man X4 - I made my next trip to Toys 'r' Us in the Summer of '98,where I bought this game and the latest WWF title,WWF War Zone. The moment I played,I loved it and it soon became one of my favorite games of all-time. The story,characters,and music all hooked me into the game. Plus,playable Zero. Mega Man X4 was the 2nd Mega Man X game that I actually owned at that point,only playing X2 and X3 via Blockbuster rental. Though I would eventually get those 2 games,it wouldn't be until much later.

WWF War Zone - Bought this along with Mega Man X4 at Toys 'r' Us in '98. This was My 2nd 3D Wrestling game and the 1st WWF Wrestling game (Wrestlemania - The Arcade Game and In Your House don't really count) you can play without button mashing. I found myself really enjoying this one. One thing that grabbed me the most was the Create-a-Wrestler mode,which was a first for an American Wrestling game.

Mega Man 8 - One of the many PS1 titles I would get on X-Mas in '98. Mega Man games were very rare to find in my neck of the wood,so I was both surprised and happy to get this title that X-Mas morning. A good game,but the Jet Board stages keep it from being the best.  

Formula 1 - Another 1998 X-Mas gift. A decent racing title that imperfectly emulates real F1 racing.

Armored Core: Project Phantasma - Another 1998 X-Mas gift. I played a demo of the original Armored Core via my first PS1 sampler disk (the one I got bundled with the console) and loved playing it,so when I got this game,i loved playing it as well. Hard-as-hell,but still fun. Plus you can customize the mechs.

A Bunch of Sampler Discs - These were given to me as gifts at various points in 1999. Nothing much to say,except that I enjoyed the playable demos and various trailers. I forgot what playable demos were on these disks. Sorry.

WWF: In Your House - This was the first actual game I bought in 1999 and it was at Gamestop. I enjoyed WrestleMania: The Arcade Game on the SNES and Genesis,so I wanted to pick this one up. I had fun with this one.  

Sim City 2000 -  I bought at Toys 'r' Us in 1999,along with R-Types. It's a relaxing city building game. 

R-Types - Bought this game at Toys 'r' Us in 1999,along with Sim City 2000. This was my first (and only) foray into the R-Type franchise. I had fun playing this compilation. Shmups (shoot 'em-ups) are great,but very very tough.  

WWF Wrestlemania:The Arcade Game - Bought at Gamestop in 1999. Unlike the other home console versions,the PS1 port much more closely emulates the actual Arcade Game. So almost everything from the original is here.

Tetris Plus - Bought this at Toys 'r' Us in 1999. What can I say,I Love Me some Tetris,regardless of the console. This game would mark the final time I would buy games at Toys 'r' Us,as the rest of my game purchases would be at Gamestop.

X-Men v Street Fighter - On X-Mas of 1999,I received a whole buncha PS1 games. And X-Men v. Street Fighter was one of them. This was a pretty good XOver fighting game and the game that kick started the whole Marvel vs. Capcom franchise.

Marvel Super Heroes - I got this on X-Mas of  '99 as well,and it was My first pure Marvel game. The Infinity Gem system was kinda cool,though limited.

Gran Turismo - Another 1999 X-Mas gift. My favorite racing game on the PS1. 'Nuff Said!. 

Final Fantasy Anthology - Yet Another 1999 X-Mas gift. This was compilation was my first experience with Both Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy V. From that point on,FFVI became one of my all-time favorite Final Fantasy games.

Final Fantasy VIII - And Another 1999 X-Mas gift. I was very unsure about this game at first,not even wanting it...after all,what game could even be better than FFVII? Well,I'm glad I did get this title,because it eventually became one of My favorite Final Fantasy titles And one of My favorite games of all-time.

Mega Man Legends - The next X-Mas gift of 1999,would be my Only foray into the Mega Man Legends series (if you don't count Mega Man 64,which was a port of this game). Being my first 3D Mega Man title,I had to adjust. Thanfully,I didn't have much trouble doing so. MML was fun adventure,though very difficult.

WCW Mayhem - Another X-Mas '99 gift. Even though,WCW was crap in 1999,I really Really enjoyed this game. In fact,WCW Mayhem is my all-time favorite Wrestling title for the PS1.

Worms Armageddon - The Final PS1 game I would get for X-Mas of 1999. I watched a few friends play the original,so I wanted to try it myself. Even though I would end up getting This game instead of the original,I still had a Blast playing it.

Street Fighter: The Movie - I was curious about this one,so in 2000 I took a trip to Gamestop and bought this. It's a digitized (and inferior) version of Super Street Fighter II Turbo,with a very evil CPU. The game is also a bit slower and less fluid. The only good thing about this game is it's awesome music.

Digimon World - In the 2000's I was really into Digimon,so I had to play this. So,in the late-spring of 2000,I headed to my local Gamestop and bought this. The game is basically a Tamagochi-turned-Video Game. It's a challenging game and the battle system is a bit slow,but I still enjoyed this one.

Mega Man X5 - I bought this at Gamestop in 2000. Not as great as X4 and there are other issues with it,but I still liked this one,regardless.    

Porsche Challenge - Another game I bought in 2000 at Gamestop,along with RayStorm. I played the demo on that PS1 sampler disk and wanted to try the full game. I wasn't disappointed with my buy.

RayStorm - Bought this along with Porsche Challenge at Gamestop in 2000. Like with P. Challenge,I first played the demo for this game on that PS1 Sampler Disk. Another game that didn't disappoint me. 

Mega Man X6 - My first 2001 Gamestop purchase and one that wasn't the best. Mega Man X6 was/is one of the Worst games in the Mega Man franchise. The music is one of it's very few redeeming qualities. Today,it's just part of my collection.

Digimon Rumble Arena -  A game I bought at Gamestop in 2001. I was still on a Digimon kick and I really liked Fighting games,so this was a must-buy for me. A very fun game.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 - Bought this at Gamestop in 2002. Street Fighter Alpha 3 for the PS1 is a superior port of the Arcade original. It's extremely tough to unlock the extra characters,but other than that issue,this is a really good fighting game. I recommend it. 

Final Fantasy Chronicles - I ordered this from Gamestop in 2002. This game is a compilation of Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger. I played Chrono Trigger on emulation 2 years prior to getting this game and loved it. In fact,I bought this for Chrono Trigger alone.

Final Fantasy Origins - Another game I ordered from Gamestop in 2002. Final Fantasy Origins is a compilation of the 1st 2 Final Fantasy games remade in 16-bit graphics. While I enjoyed Final Fantasy 1,I was not too much of a fan of Final Fantasy II.  

Final Fantasy IX - Another game I ordered from Gamestop in 2002. This was the Final PS1 game that I'd get and it was a decent finale to my PS1 Collection. I haven't played this one much,but I did like it. Shame the long FMV Intro is unskippable. Even though this game was the final piece in my beloved PS1 Collection,there is one more PS1 game that I would play.

------------------------------------------------

Special Mention: Mega Man Battle and Chase -  I played this super fun title for the 1st time in 2006 on the Mega Man X Collection. The game never came to the States,thanks to Sony of America's Hard-Assness. So this version is the European version,with NTSC compatibility. Thankfully,Capcom USA snuck this game in with the X Collection as an unlockable,so that every American Gamer could have a chance to play this Gem. I so love this title...especially the music.

Well that about wraps it up. Stay tuned for some more fun stuff. So until next time,Stay Gold and Resist Modern Attitudes.

No comments: