Monday, April 4, 2022

Confessions of a Pro-Wrestling Fan - A Retro Rebellion Exclusive!

It is no secret that me and Stefan are die-hard wrestling fans. But for me, I've been a longtime fan of pro-wrestling since I was a kid. Although I didn't see much of it in the 80s, it was not until the 90s that I became a pure wrestling fan because of WCW and WWE (or WWF back then). I enjoy every minute of it every weekend back then, especially seeing my all-time favorites like Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, Sting, Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, The Road Warriors aka Legion of Doom, Macho Man Randy Savage, Bret "Hitman" Hart, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Scott Hall (aka Razon Ramon) and so on and so forth. Not to mention watching a pay-per-view event every once in a blue moon. 

Now, in these days, we can watch them every week, it could be a Monday, a Tuesday, a Wednesday and so on a so forth. That, and we can stream it whenever we want.

But, at least for me anyway, I never once attended a live event and cheer on my favorite babyfaces and tease the heels mercilessly. But when expressing your fandom, especially around the internet, especially in the confines of social media, although they will express their opinions in a rather civilized manner or just praise your fandom cause your passion, there are some who will not like your fandom one bit. Take one user on Facebook, who I will not mention his name here, use to be my friend until he decided to criticize me, just for being a fan of wrestling. But his responses and comments were nothing more than hate filled and was typed in "All Caps", in a rather rage-filled cruel manner.

Joker Sting: "He CUSSED at me. WHATEVER SHALL I DO?!"

Take for instance this image I made recently, which was one of many:

My Anti-Vickie Guerrero Meme featuring Kento of Hardrock from Ronin Warriors. One of many, which was a response for one of many of her EXCUSES, disrespecting the new AEW World Women's Champion, Thunder Rosa, after beating Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. in a steel cage match a few weeks ago.

When Vickie Guerrero EXCUSED herself by disrespecting Thunder Rosa, who became the new AEW World Women's Champion, among other things, feeling the effects of her past exploits in WWE, I decided to do what any other wrestling fan would do, respond kindly, with this meme I made. Sure, I was good for a laugh, but not for one radical wrestling fan who took it personally. I told him to cut it out and cut back on the swearing and respect my opinions, but his mind was made up and he decided to hate on me, so I had no choice but to unfriend and block him. And he had the nerve to tell me to apologize to my Facebook friends because of who I am. Sorry, sorry for what, for being myself and expressing myself in a rather civil manner and like to make jokes. Bottom line, he was never a friend to begin with. He was just using me, just like any other troll would. But that's not the only excuse he made. We all know that 9 out 10 people agree that the dastardly MEEKMAHON is the one responsible for WWE's downfall, especially making legends in the making like Shinsuke Nakamura into a pitiful mid-carder. But this guy thinks that it was not Vince McMahon, but some of the people working in WWE like Dennis Dunn. Dunn is just a "Yes Man" to MEEKMAHON and Vince always have the final word. And one other thing I will mention, when he said that All Elite Wrestling is Sports Entertainment, that was a red flag. What I mean by that is that when he said that, that is his way of saying "Wrestling is FAKE", which is still debatable to this day. Organizations like AEW, IMPACT, Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro-Wrestling are pure pro-wrestling, through and through. WWE is the only one that has Sports Entertainment written all over it. 

In short, I will leave one question: Is it a crime to be a proud wrestling fan, who just want to express himself like any other fan would? If it's so, then I plead guilty. I can't help it if I am a fan of wrestling. Just like with gaming and anime, it is in my blood, and no one tells me to grow up and have a life. My life has never been more clear, so long as I have alternate means of watching every other wrestling organization. So whoever criticizes us in how to run our lives, let us be wrestling fans as we are. And even though I am still trying to fully understand kayfabe, unless you prove to me otherwise that the person in real life is NOT the person on TV, just like color commentators who does the play-by-play analysis on a wrestling match, I will call it like I see it. Until next time, stay frosty, wrestling fans.


Saraba da (Farewell)...for now.

The Boston Turncoat Eddie Edwards, Maria Kanellis-Bennett, Mike Bennett, Matt Taven, Kenny King and Vincent of Honor No More, determined to destroy IMPACT Wrestling, while a certain "Invisible Hand" overseas Edwards' downfall from hero to turncoat, with Maria (Honor No More's true leader) seducing him even further. Indeed, a trying time for heroes, not just in IMPACT Wrestling, but for all pro-wrestling.


No comments: