Monday, May 13, 2019

Top 30 Favorite Sega Genesis Titles

I was gonna do a Top 30 Must Play Sega Genesis games. But,I've decided to do something a little better. Today,I'm gonna list 30 of My favorite Genesis titles.

The Sega Genesis gave me many great memories. It was my 1st 16-bit system and me and my buddy,Phil played the hell out of it. Plus,I love the music. The Genesis sounds are just so cool,so 90's.

Anyway,here we go with the list. Please note,that I'm only gonna list the games that I own and/or played. And as usual,this list is in no perticular order.

Honorable Mention 1 - Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: My first Power Rangers game. it's just a basic fighting game,but I have fond memories playing it. Plus,you can play as Green Ranger and Dragonzord. Sweetnes.

Honorable Mention 2 - Michael Jackson's MoonWalker: The first game on this list that I've only played via emulation. As a fan of the King of Pop himsrlf,I couldn't help but to like this game.

Honorable Mention 3 and 4 - Revenge of Shinobi and Shinobi III: I'm kinda cheating because I can't decide which game I like more. These 2 are also games that I've played through emulation.

30 to 28 - The Streets of Rage Trilogy: Yeah,I'm cheating again. All 3 of these games are so awesome. The music is great,the gameplay is great,as are the graphics. Sadly,I only played these through emulation.

27 and 26 - Golden Axe and Golden Axe II: No more cheating,promise. Again,I only played these through emulation,i don't own copies. The first 2 Golden Axe games were awesome and are well worth playing.

25 - Afterburner II: Yet Another game I played via Emulation. I have the 3rd game for the Sega CD and loved it,so when my Sega CD broke,I downloaded this game for my Sega emulator. It's a pretty fun dog fight game.

24 - WWF Wrestlemania - The Arcade Game: A game I rented and then played on emulation years later. It's a fun hybrid of Mortal Kombat and WWF Wrestling.

23 - Toejam and Earl: A true classic.

22 - Spider-Man and Venom - Separation Anxiety: The superior sequel to Maximum Carnage. Plus,it has Co-op mode.

21 - Toejam and Earl - Panic on Funkatron: Toejam and Earl in a platformer. Lots of cool memories playing this.

20 - Street Fighter II - Special Champion Edition: My first Street Fighter title. This game let's you play the game in hyper speed right off the bat. Awesome.

19 - Mortal Kombat: Genesis does what Nintendon't. This was my first exposure to the franchise itself.

18 - Mortal Kombat II: Inferior to the SNES version,but still a great game. Plus,it has cheats.

17 - Mortal Kombat 3: Not a bad port of the Arcade original. This one,like the orevious 2 games,has cheats as well.

16 - Super Street Fighter II: My 2nd Street Fighter game. Lacks the hyper speed option,but still a great game.

15 - Sonic Spinball: Sonic and Pinball make an excellent combination.

14 - Sonic and Knuckles: Part 2 of Sonic 3.

13 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3: The first part of Sonic 3.

12 - Sonic the Hedgehog: My first Genesis title. Sonic became a favorite from the get-go.

11 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2: The Greatest Sonic Game. Period!

10 - Mega Bomberman: Bomberman on the Genesis. The battle mode is the thing that made me love this game.

09 - Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers - The Movie: Get a Streets of Rage vibe from this title.

08 - WWF RAW: My first 16-Bit WWF game. Button Mashing fun! To fully enjoy this title,play it with a Turbo Controller.

07 - Roadblasters: It's Rad Racer with weapons. Cool.

06 - Columns: My first Genesis Puzzle Game. I still love this title,even to this day.

05 - Dr.Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine: An awesomly fun puzzle game. Played this on emulation first,before playing it on the Sonic Mega Collection for the Game Cube.

04 - Sailor Moon: A japanese beat'em up based on Sailor Moon,one of my favorite Anime series. I played this through emulation as it was the only way for me to play it.

03 - Cool Spot: Owned the SNES game first and got the Genesis version years later.

02 - Vectorman: Like with MBM,I played this on emulation first,before playing it on the Sonic Gems Collection for the Game Cube. It's really tough,but really fun.

01 - Ristar: Like with MBM and Vectorman,this js another title I played on emulation before owning it fkr real as part of the Sonic Mega Collection. This game was really fun and is worth owning. Ristar was one of the mascot ideas pitched to Sega during their famous "Mascot Search" in 1990. Instead of being a Star Kid,the proposed mascot was a rabbit who grabbed stuff with his ears.

And there ya have it,my top 30 favorite Genesis titles. There's no denying the coolness of the Genesis. It really is a great system.

Until Next Time,Stay Gold.

No comments: