Wednesday, April 18, 2018

The Living Legend Is Dead!

Ladies and gentlemen,I have some very very sad news. Wrestling's Living Legend and the Longest Reining WWE Champion,Bruno Sammartino has died.

I really suck at eulogies,so don't expect one.

Bruno was born in Abruzzo,Italy on October 6th 1935. After much hardships in his home country,Bruno migrated to the U.S. in 1950. Once in America,Bruno took up weight lifting and eventually wrestling. In 1963,he joined the WWE (then known as the WWWF),where he would become the companies longest reining Champion.

In the 1980's,Bruno became a babyface color comnentator,often getting into fights with the heels. In 1985,Bruno's son,David,began a short-lived carrer as a WWE wrestler.

In 1988,Bruno and Vince McMahon had a falling out and Bruno left the company. For years after,Bruno had nothing but distain for the WWE. However,as years went by,that attitude started to fade,and by late-2012,WWE and Bruno made amends. In 2013,Bruno Sammartino was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

I remember the first time I watched Bruno was in an old non-WWE Wrestling Video (which I still have). Then,my Uncle,who got me into wrestling the 1st time,let me watch his Bruno Sammartino WWE tape. That very tape made me a fan of Bruno and I've been a fan of his ever since.

Bruno died of old age on April 18th. He was 82.

R.I.P.
Bruno Sammartino
October 6th 1935 - April 18th 2018

1 comment:

RekkaDragonJay said...

Yeah, he will be missed. One of the greats. And we will also miss R. Lee Ermey, Harry Anderson and former first lady, Barbara Bush. There is no control over what Shinigami does. :'(