Sunday, April 22, 2018

Jason's Gallery - Setsuna Sketch (A dream drove me to draw this)

"You are stronger than you think, Jason. Don't let your self-doubt control your destiny." - Setsuna Meioh


Here we have a sketch of Setsuna Meioh. No color on it this time around. And the significance of this drawing is quite obvious. I had a dream a while back and there was Setsuna, not once, but twice. In one part, and in a hospital room, no less, she and I talked about our lives while attending to the recovering Hotaru Tomoe. And when everything faded out, the second part of my dream began. And I was outside the hospital, but it wasn't in Tokyo, it was in Houston, Texas, where my aunt's family lives now. And as I was looking at my artwork of the Outer Sailor Guardians on the parking lot signs, there was Setsuna again. As we embraced each other, I felt sad, not just with my struggles in my friendship journey, but also how the whole world rejects the very optimism and hope that drives my humanity everyday. Setsuna consuled me and encouraged me to fight on and not let my self-doubt take control of my life. That, and the ensuring me that Pluto is, and always will be, a planet. And as we embraced on last time and went our separate ways, she praised my artwork. It warms my heart hearing her say that and by the time I closed my eyes, she was gone, like she was never there, but in spirit. And since Sailor Moon's virtue of courage dwells within me, the essence of Sailor Pluto now flows within me. I know Raiden is a Time God now. But, if there was another Time God besides the God of Thunder himself, I am glad it is the Guardian of Time and Space herself.

In short, in my dream, even though Veronica Taylor's voice is coming from her, the essence of Susan Aceron was there. When I hugged Setsuna, it is like a warm feeling, know that I feel safe in her presence, so, 'nuff said.

Before I go, to my friend/brother in arms, Stefan. I know you are not happy with VIZ Media with their voice actors for the Sailor Moon redub and all that. But, until all the seasons are done (and knowing that I vow to get all the DVD/Blu-Ray collections of the original anime), not for nothing, but you should stop judging the cast until all 5 season are dubbed. We haven't got to Sailor Stars, yet. And some the voice actors, I know some of them, including Kate Higgins (Sakura Haruno from Naruto and Tina Armstrong from Dead or Alive) and Veronica Taylor (Ash Ketchum from Pokemon, Amelia from Slayers, etc.). Heck, even some Power Rangers alums like Michael Sorich (Squat) are in this, too. While you are jumping the gun on the whole snap decision on the cast, I am waiting for the chance to do my take on them, so I could have my final say, even though I already made it clear that Nicholas Roye was the wrong choice for Shingo. And if you want to bash me for my choices, so be it. But that does not make me a sell out, just like Shinsuke Nakamura, when WWE decided to not make him champion and be corporate heel (No honor among thieves, as they say). So when I get all 5 seasons of the original anime, I will make a note on the voice actors and how does this redub hold up and comparing it to the original, just like That Damn Cynic did it. So, don't blame actors like Stephanie Sheh, Cristina Vee, Amanda Miller, Cherami Leigh, Michelle Ruff, and Robbie Daymond. If any needs to be blamed for the choices, and I hate to say it with a heavy heart, it is Naoko Takeuchi herself. As much as I respect and honor her, but just like Bruce Timm making Batgirl Batman's lover, this is one choice she shouldn't make. She should leave it to those who know English dubs better, not her. I'm sorry, but that's how I feel. Please, no more bashing VIZ Media until I do my review on the redub. Okay. I will see you next time...if I still have a job here, that is. :'(

Saraba (Farewell)

5 comments:

Stefan said...

Never said you were a Sell-out. I just don't like Viz and the way they handle Anime,especially Sailor Moon. Has nothing to do with tbe VAs.

Stefan said...

As for your dream. It's nice. I wish I had dreams like that.

RekkaDragonJay said...

Thank you. The whole point of those dreams is the fact I want to follow less on the negative and focus more on the positive. And that's what I am doing, especially trying to understand friendship better.

Stefan said...

I'm behind you 100%,never forget

RekkaDragonJay said...

Thanks.