Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Jason's Gallery - Anubis & Sailor Saturn: Sunrise Embrace!


This fanart is one of the my earlier works. This one features Koma Toshitada aka Dark Warlord Anubis (Oni Masho Shuten Doji) and Hotaru Tomoe aka Sailor Saturn, embracing when the sun is rising. They both represent the season of rebirth, Spring, they are armed with scythe based weapons and above all, they started off evil, only to see the light and end up fighting for good. I was a bit of a novice back then when doing this, but at least, I gave it my all.

2 comments:

Stefan said...

But,Hotaru-chan is too young for this guy.

RekkaDragonJay said...

Well, at the time when I was watching both Sailor Moon and Ronin Warriors, it's all I could think of. Besides, it's an alternate reality kind of thing. Some people wrote fanfics about this, and made Hotaru a teenager and not a little girl in those stories and perhaps one day in a anime different to their respective continuities. And why not. No one complained about the pairing up of Liu Kang and Kitana despite the fact that the princess of Edenia was over 1,000 years old.