Thursday, October 3, 2024

The Reaper Hits A Grand Slam and Has A Good Time!!!

Yet 1 More Legend has passed this previous week. Legendary Baseball Icon, Pete Rose. I'm not a Baseball buff, so I don't have too much to say about him. However, he Did make some WrestleMania appearances, starting with WrestleMania 14, where he got Tombstoned by Kane.  

He was 83.

Another passing that flew under my radar was the death of Actor John Amos, who is best known as James Evans Sr. on the 70's Hit Show, Good Times. Amos died months ago and I'm ashamed that it went under my radar for so long. He was 84.

Both men will be missed.

Learn more about Rose and his HOF worthy career Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Rose

And for Amos' career, go here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Amos

 

R.I.P.
Peter Edward Rose Sr.
4/14/1941 – 9/30/2024  

R.I.P.
John Allen Amos Jr.
12/27/1939 – 8/21/2024 

2 comments:

RekkaDragonJay said...

Thanks for the assist, bro. Just as I was trying to bring some smiles to everyone's faces, this has to happen. Anyway, I am not much the biggest fan of Pete Rose, you know, reasons, but John Amos, on the other hand, he was such a wonderful fellow. Not only with Good Times, but also with Roots and guest starring on a few episodes of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. It is just a shame that he left Good Times after J.J. (Jimmy Walker) became a breakout star, Dy-No-Mite and all that.

Long story short, my memorial is full of mixed emotions. As I am not crazy about Pete Rose and his past actions, John Amos, on the other hand, will truly be missed.

Stefan said...

Glad I can help, bro. Yeah. Good Times is one of my favorite shows. John Amos Will be missed. So will Pete Rose.