Thursday, March 28, 2024

Jason's Gallery - Kento and Sting: The Rookie and The Icon

 

Sting: "Kento, you are going to be a great wrestler someday. The face paint looks good on you, little Stinger, but stick to being true blue, just like me. You are unique, in the most Hardrock-ish kind of way. (chuckles)"


Kento: "As far back as I can remember, aside from watching every single action movie starring Jackie Chan, my other love is watching professional wrestling. Even though I am a Ronin Warrior, who fights evil demons, spirits and overall bad juju on a daily basis, pro-wrestling is in my blood. You had your favorites, past and present, such as Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Ric Flair, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Chris Jericho, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Tetsuya Naito, Kenny Omega, and Hiroshi Tanahashi, among others. But of all the wrestlers I know, no wrestler is that greater of an icon than the man called Sting. Growing up a wrestling fan, I have seen the Stinger in action, not just physically, but also emotionally, especially being a wild man on the mic. His charisma and his determination were second to none. Every no sell, every howl, every Stinger Splash, every Scorpion something something, either the Deathlock or Death Drop, that man is as great as his legend. Through my training from my friend/partner/mentor Bass Armstrong, I was determined to be like the Stinger himself. But, if I learn one important thing about that man, it is that, no matter what phase of his career he has gone through, whether as a face, or a heel, or somewhere in between, or being stoic like The Crow or crazy like The Joker, whether he has a blond crew cut or long, flowing brown hair and whatever facepaint he dons, whether in the ring or out of it, Sting is always true blue. He is the one guy you want to pal around with, share some cream soda together, exchange stories, crack jokes, telling him about your problems, resulting in him giving advice to me into bettering myself. Aside from Bass and some of my idols, Sting is the one wrestler I can always depend on. Cause whenever he is in the ring, it is always showtime every time. In short, no matter what some people say about him, but in a rather cruel or fraudulent manner, Sting is the one wrestler who will never, EVER steer away from his true path. And for all the little Stingers out there, it couldn't be more true. And whenever I no sell a power move or a steel chair in the back, I will always think of the Icon himself. And to quote the man himself, the only thing for sure about Sting, is nothing's for sure. But as long as there are fans out there believing in him, everything, is for sure."


My fanart tribute to the now recently retired icon of professional wrestling, the man called Sting. And why Kento's involvement in this drawing? Simple, it is all part of Kento's journey as a pro-wrestler, and whenever he no sells any power move, steel chair to the back, guitar shot on the head or get thrown through a table, he does it in honor of the Stinger. Thanks for all the memories, Stinger. You truly are an icon among men.


IT'S STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!


#ThankYouSting

2 comments:

Stefan said...

The Stinger is Awesome. Well done.

RekkaDragonJay said...

Thanks, bruh! ^_^