Friday, November 11, 2022

Honoring Our Vows - RIP Kevin Conroy: The Heart and Soul of Batman

This just in (and I thought I would not bring this up).

Character actor and voice artist, Kevin Conroy has died on November 10th, 2022, 20 days shy of his birthday. He was 66 years old. A Julliard scholar, he started his career in the early to mid 80s in both theater and in television. But it was not until 1992, he became the voice the very character he has immortalized for years to come, as the Dark Knight himself, Batman. His voice for Batman displayed the type of character he truly is, the playboy rich socialite womanizer of Bruce Wayne and the dark, brooding, determined Caped Crusader himself. From Batman: The Animated Series all the to video games like Batman: Arkham Asylum and the Injustice series, Conroy voiced the character for about 30 years (the very 30 years since he first voiced the character). So much so, many fans like myself consider him to be the heart and soul of Batman. Whenever we read comics with Batman, we would always hear his voice when he speaks. He died of cancer. He was survived by his wife. So long as I have my Batman poster hanging on the wall, I will always think of him. Godspeed, good sir. You truly are the vengeance and the night, for you are Batman forevermore.

"We all have to honor our vows. To the living...and to the dead." - Batman

Kevin Conroy
November 30th, 1955 - November 10th, 2022

This has been a Retro Rebellion Special Report

#RespectVoiceActors

2 comments:

Stefan said...

And to add on to the sadness and mourning,Famed Stage Comedian,Gallagher,has passed away.

R.I.P.
Leo Anthony Gallagher Jr.
7/24/1946 – 11/11/2022

RekkaDragonJay said...

To be honest, I didn't know he was still alive until this moment. I do remember his gig of bashing watermelons with his mallet. That was quite a crazy gig. He will be missed also. Anyway, Kevin Conroy's passing took a part of my childhood with him. And what makes this more stressing is the fact that just like every single voice actor, he doesn't get acknowledged. Some news outlets could do that, but as long as the Screen Actors Guild or any other form of media continues this same ol' song and dance, voice actors will never truly be acknowledged, including the man we call the heart and soul of Batman. His passing will be so hard to overcome. And it will be no secret that I would be even more sad if Peter Cullen or Jodi Benson pass away, too. Making my dreams come true and moving on with my life has become even more harder. :'(