Saturday, October 23, 2021

Jack is now with the Angels. Godspeed

 This just in.

Legendary veteran voice actor, Jack Angel, has died on October 19th, 2021. He was 90 years old, shy of his 91st birthday.

Angel, as we know, did voice work for cartoons in the 70s, 80s and into the early 90s. It's a lot but, I will tell you the ones I know, he voiced Hawkman, The Flash and Samurai on the Superfriends, Ramjet, Astrotrain, Omega Supreme, Cyclonus and Ultra Magnus on Transformers, Wet Suit on G.I. Joe and my most favorite out of them, King Zarkon on Voltron.

There isn't much left to say, but I will do my next Voice Actor's Corner, devoted to this legend and my favorite characters he voiced in more greater detail.

Until then, Godspeed, Mr. Angel, thanks for all the memories you have given us, whether through villains or through heroes. Your strong voice will live on forever.

(TAPS play)

Jack Angel
(October 24th, 1930 - October 19th, 2021)

This has been a Retro Rebellion Special Report.

1 comment:

Stefan said...

R.I.P Jack Angel. Also R.I.P. Chris Ayers (May 16, 1965 – October 18, 2021)