Thursday, February 25, 2021

NOT The End! - Self Reflection and the Coronavirus

 If you give a moment, I will explain why I haven't been blogging a whole lot here. Last year, was indeed, the toughest year I have to endure. 2020 started off without a problem. I got so much I wanted to do, from more fan letters to more fan art, video projects and not to mention more blogging. All that changed when a certain deadly virus came to our doorstep, the coronavirus, among other things. Because of the pandemic and every other bad thing happening, I had to step back and reflect on what I have been doing. When I first joined this blog site, I thought I could do more to make a difference, especially getting more people into our blog, but to no avail. Stefan and I are the only ones to carry this burden, but moreso with me. But with the pandemic, tending to my personal life, a country falling apart and not to mention idols like Norm Spencer (the definite version of Cyclops) passing away, I question myself, am I still worthy of making a difference, especially fighting for animation, voice actors' rights and helping those not to shoo away everything nostalgic, which was the purpose of Retro Rebellion? I know it's no excuse, but I thought you should understand. 

This country, nay, this world needs more free thinkers like ourselves. I am not going to let the pandemic and all the other problems in the world slow me down. Whether or not this is the end, this is the beginning. And like the phoenix, we will rise from the ashes. Can't guarantee what will happen, but I will fight on. I am truly sorry for not blogging much. I thought you should know why. Thank you for your time. Stay frosty.

2 comments:

Stefan said...

Welcome Back,My Brother! We Missed You.

RekkaDragonJay said...

Thank you. Sorry I didn't post much since last year and the new year began. I was trying to rediscover myself, especially around this pandemic, among other things.