Monday, February 27, 2017

GAME OVER, MAN! - The Fall of Bill Paxton

This just in.

Bill Paxton, the actor who made the phrase, "GAME OVER, MAN! GAME OVER!", synonymous with pop culture, has died on February 25, 2017 due to (surprise, surprise) complications due to surgery, the same botched surgery that took the lives of Tony Jay, James Avery, Lee "Hawk" Reherman and Joan Rivers. Paxton as we all know, is known for many things, not only chasing tornadoes like in Twister, being a goofball to a bunch of nerds in Weird Science, being a car salesman pretending to be a spy in True Lies, but to many like myself, he was known as the very person who was killed by an Alien, a Predator and a Terminator. Did I forget to mention he appeared on Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, last time I checked?

Look, the point is, this is why I am afraid to go under the knife. Because I am afraid that I will end up like those people I have mentioned, because what if that surgeon was all Dr. Kevorkian and kill you on the operating table, even if the surgery was a success. When I heard that he died, I thought to myself like his character Hudson from Aliens and said this, "God, this can't be happening, man! This can't be happening!" But after hearing about this, it just happened. Other than all the other hoo-ha that I am hearing, 2017 has gone to a rotten start, especially when another piece of nostalgia dies because of crooked surgery. Here's to you, Bill Paxton. You may have been somewhat of a colorful character, but your banter and sarcastic wit will live on in our hearts for all eternity. Godspeed.

(TAPS plays)

William "Bill" Paxton
May 17, 1955 - February 25, 2017

No comments: