Sunday, September 6, 2015

A Shocking Revelation! Three Shows on the Hub cut after the rise of Discovery Family!


Hey there, Toonsters!

    This is Rekka Dragon Jay, back from vacation and rearing to go! Before I go do my thing and all that, guess what I uncovered that will shock you, especially if you were a fan of the now deceased Hub Network.

  As the 1st anniversary of the Hub's demise and the rise of Discovery Family is just around the corner, look what I have unearthed and it's going to shock you in the worst way.

 Before the announcement that Discovery made about taking 10% from Hasbro and taking over the Hub and rebranding it as Discovery Family, there was an announcement that they were going to air three more classic cartoons on the network itself, thinking that it got one more ounce of life left. And judging from this drawing I made and crossing it out in many ways, this was indeed the worst decision Discovery has made.

  They were going to air three classic cartoons, two from the archives from Kids WB!, and one that I haven't seen in a long time and it was based on the talking animatronic toy bear from the 80s.  I am, of course, referring to Pinky and the Brain, Freakazoid and The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin.  We were hoping these shows could bring life back to the Hub, but now we will never know cause Discovery killed off that one glimmer of hope because they think it's a crime to relive the past and the past will never mingle with the future. The way I see it, it was the worst business deal/betrayal in the history of television. That means, no plans for world domination gone wrong, no Relax-O-Vision and no adventures with Teddy Ruxpin and friends.  Tirek Schleiff sees to it that those shows will never see the light of day.  And you know what's the irony about this? Pinky and the Brain and Freakazoid were some of the few shows we suggested on our list of shows that should be on the Hub, alongside Beast Wars, Static Shock, The Tick and Jackie Chan Adventures. But that dream was destroyed when Discovery Family came to be. Bummer. :'(

And that's the news. I will see you again, when I give you my Top 10 Pioneers of Animation. Until then, Stay Frosty, my friends!

(X-Men vs. Street Fighter Stage Clear Theme)

*Fade Out

1 comment:

Stefan said...

Damn,what an Insult! Ruxpin was lame,but I So wanted to see Freakazoid and Pinky and the Brain on TV Again. Even more proof that Discovery Communications is run by Retards!

Oh and more Reality Shows have made it to Discovery Family and I'm pissed times Infinity that I have to get up at 5 in the morning to watch G.IJoe,Transformers G1,and Jem.