Monday, July 29, 2013

Darkstalker Defense

Because I Need to update this blog and I have nothing great to post, I'm gonna be giving you my defense of the Darkstalkers Animated Series from the 1990s.

Someone needs to stick up for this show..and I gotta do it.  So anyway, We all know that the Darkstalkers Animated Series is universally hated by Almost every fan of Darkstalkers and American Animation.

But did you know there were good points to it. Points that many should enjoy. But first,like with my other defenses, I'm gonna list and talk about the Flaws of the show.

Flaw 1: While the Art isn't bad, The Animation has Errors. Each episode has at least 3-5 noticeable Animation errors. Some even have more. There are also minor Animation mistakes.

Flaw 2: The acting in some episodes was pretty weak. there were scenes where the Actors weren't even trying.

Flaw 3: While each Episode starts out good (or at least decent),they progressively get lame and/or stupid. The Final episode (Everyone's A Critic) was a see-saw. It starts out decent, then it becomes lame, then it becomes decent again , and finally it becomes stupid (though funny) at the end.

Flaw 4: The Main Heroes are Lame!!!! Felicia herself is the least lame of the heroes, but that's not saying much. Donovan and Hsien-ko ,however, are more boring then lame.

Flaw 5: Harry Grimore aka Oogtar the Cave Boy's relative. Oy. This dude was a wasted opportunity. Introducing a good wizard to the Darkstalkers to battle the Evil forces was an awesome idea....An awesome idea that was wasted on this little loser. In TV Tropes terms,Harry Grimore would be considered "A Scrappy". The Scrappy's are unneeded and,often times, unliked characters added to a series. 

Flaw 6: The sloppily done fight scenes. 'Nuff Said.

Flaw 7: Some of the dialogue isn't all that great. In fact there are some instances where the dialogue is kinda lame.

I can't think of anymore. So...On With The Positives.

Good Thing 1: The Villains (at least the main 5). I swear those guys are the Only characters that make this show worth watching. They got decent chemistry and they are funny to boot. They may Suck as Super Villains, but they are the most entertaining characters on the show.

Good Thing 2: The Music. The Opening theme is epic (that's more than I can say for the show itself), the music that plays during the show is nice, and the End Credits theme is cool. Bottom line, the tunes are enjoyable.

Well that about wraps up my defense of the Darkstalker Animated Series. I hope you all enjoyed.

Stay Gold!

2 comments:

KingsSideCastle said...

:-D I never got a chance to watch this show but it's pretty cool that they had a Darkstalkers cartoon. I can imagine hardcore fans of the game series being upset by its flaws though

RekkaDragonJay said...

I did. But I only saw two episodes. I never caught on with it like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm. Anyway, although I got nothing against this cartoon, although it is not all true to the games, but if you want to see Darkstalkers in animated form, watch the anime Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge.