Monday, August 1, 2022

5 Legends in the Making Passing On

Talking being a tad depressed. No sooner than I come back to Retro Rebellion to continue where I left off, 5 famous people passed away. First, it was Paul Sorvino (whose daughter is Mira Sorvino), best known for Goodfellas, Law and Order (I know don't know which one) and as mobster Eddie Valentine in The Rocketeer. Then, it was David Warner, not only the voice of Ra's al-Ghul in Batman: The Animated Series, but also, which ImpulseKid said in his TRON review, played the sleazy-scuzzball times 3, as Ed Dillinger, his avatar Sark and as the voice of the Master Control Program. And no sooner that these actors passed, Bill Russell, who was a legendary basketball player before Michael Jordan, passed on, too. Russell not only brought greatness in the court, but also doing this part for Civil Rights. Speaking of which, when I got up this morning, I heard news the Nichelle Nichols, who played Uhura on the original Star Trek and the first 6 movies, along with her role in Civil Rights as well, passed away. Now, she is above that Enterprise in the sky along with DeForest Kelly, James Doohan and especially Leonard Nimoy. And if it wasn't heartbreaking enough, not only Ms. Nichols passed away, but also the most hammiest and funniest comedienne, who became best known being the voice of Ursula from The Little Mermaid, Pat Carroll, died at the same time. Even though I never met her personally, but I did write to her a fan letter and sent her a fanart of both Ursula and her sister, Morgana from The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea. And when I did, I got a reply from her and a metal tag with Ursula's image on it with a message that reads "Ecequs et Love", written by Ms. Carroll herself. I know it is sudden, but I didn't have the time to do eulogies that quick, but I will in future blogs, especially with Ms. Carroll and Ms. Nichols. Sorry about the inconvenience. But I will be blogging a little bit more, but I thought I would let you know about this. Stay frosty, my friends.

Saraba da (Farewell), for now.

Paul Anthony Sorvino
(April 13th, 1939 - July 25th, 2022)

David Hattersley Warner
(July 29th, 1941 - July 24th, 2022)

William Felton Russell
(February 12th, 1934 - July 31st, 2022)

Nichelle Nichols
(December 28th, 1932 - July 30th, 2022)

Patricia Ann Carroll
(May 5th, 1937 - July 30th, 2022)

This has been a Retro Rebellion Special Report.

No comments: